Saturday 17 January 2009

David B - Nocturnal Conspiracies


I ordered this ages ago and it finally turned up the other day which was nice. It's a book of David B's dreams from 1979 to 1994 that he finished drawing in 2005. The drawing is stunning looking and the colouring is great, its coloured in dark blue, light blue and a brownish grey with loads of thick blacks. I always liked David B's drawing style and it has got better since 'Epileptic'.

David B's dreams are very strange, there are loads of killers, conspiracies, collaborators and animals running through the different stories. A lot of the dreams are very fragmented like dreams are. I tried remembering my dreams for a while once and writing them down in a little diary, and the more you do it, the more you remember of the dreams.

Well worth buying and highly recommended as long as you like dream stories. I hope a book of David B's non dream stories comes out in English next as I haven't seen anything new of his since 'Epileptic'.

No comments: