Tuesday 17 November 2015

Leeds Thoughtbubble Report


I got quite a lot of stuff at Thoughtbubble this year, here's a picture of it all. I haven't read any yet but I'll put something on here about them all when I do.

I got 'Un Pearable', 'Andalusia', 'Spineless' and 'True War Stories' from Lydia Wysocki. I got 'Anthropocene - The Age of Man' from Nick Soucek. I got 'Tracks' from Sean Azzopardi. I got 'The Troll' by Martin Flink from the Accent UK table. I got 'Killjoy 4' from Rob Brown. And I got 'Plans We Made' from Simon Moreton.

Getting to and from Leeds this year was a right pain. It's not far to Leeds is it, but all the travelling was bad. There were points failures, floods, cancelled trains and lots and lots of delays. I had a quiet sort of show, I did alright Saturday morning and then nothing Saturday afternoon (which is the opposite of normal). Sunday went pretty well, I did some good trades and then sold some comics at the end of the show. I didn't sell many comics to people I don't know, so that was disappointing. I did sell a 'Corporation Pop' to a woman dressed as a giant yellow carrot so that was cool. I won't have a stall next year, I'll just come along on the Sunday as a punter and see everyone.

Thanks everyone who bought or traded something! Also thanks to Russell Stearman for cheering me up from the next table and listening to all my jabberings.
If you didn't get the chance to get to my stall everything is available at my online shop.

No comments: